A Beginner’s Guide to Lead Generation
Companies can nurture prospects until they are ready to buy through lead generation. Lead generation is the process of generating interest and stimulating sales. Lead generation is useful for all types of businesses, regardless of their size and in both B2C as well as B2B markets. Sixty percent say that lead generation is a major problem for their company. It’s not as simple as targeting people who have downloaded your whitepaper. Therefore, sales reps mustn’t waste time cold calling unqualified leads. In this beginner guide, you will learn all about lead generation. Let’s see one by one.
Table of Contents
What is Lead?
Marketing leads are people who show interest in the products and services of a company. This makes them potential customers. Any company’s primary goal is to get as many leads as possible. The company must help prospects move down the sales funnel by providing relevant content and offers that will encourage them to purchase. Let’s understand this via an example.
Example- Perhaps you are still wondering what exactly is a lead? Let us understand it through an example.
Suppose you are searching on the internet about a digital marketing course and you come to a website which offers a digital marketing course. You are about to check out the digital marketing courses of that website that for some reason you stop and close the window.
This is where the work of the lead begins. The lead-generating staff of the company uses the data provided by you and calls you repeatedly about that course. Therefore, they will contact you through your given contact information like a phone number or email. They will encourage you to pursue the course with the help of new offers, discounts, benefits, etc. The person who does this process is called the lead.
Types of Leads
- Information qualified lead (IQL)). These leads are the beginning of the Buyer’s Journey. In exchange for their data, such as their name, email address, and location, companies should provide useful information on a topic that is relevant to the query. This type of lead is also known as a “cold Lead.”
- Marketing qualified leads (MQL). These leads are located in the middle of the sales funnel they have expressed continued interest in a company. They expressed continued interest in the company. Prospects will often look for solutions to the problem once they have identified it. This lead is also known as a “warm lead”.
- Qualified sales lead (SQL). This is the lead at the bottom of a funnel. They express their willingness and desire to purchase. This lead is also known as a “hot lead”.
What is Lead Generation?
As you have just understood leads with the help of digital marketing course examples. In this, when we move forward one step, the process of lead generation starts. When you show interest in their product/services and inquire through calls, messages, or emails made by that lead, then this process is called lead generation.
Lead generation doesn’t mean making purchases at all, lead generation means creating new prospects that can turn out to be your potential buyers. We can also say that the main goal of lead generation is to generate potential customers.
Importance of Lead Generation for Your Business?
There are a lot of benefits your business can get from lead generation. You need to know why and how it is beneficial for your business.
Beneficial for Brand Awareness
Brand awareness is considered to be the biggest advantage of lead generation. Whether you are buying or not in the lead generation process, your brand identity gets created far and wide. And the more people who know your brand, the more sales you can expect.
To see its real-life example, you can visit a website like upgrade.com or Byju’s.
If you do even a small inquiry on these websites, then calls from their leads will keep coming to you for several days continuously.
Ease of Targeting Important Customers
The biggest advantage of lead generation is that you easily target those customers who have already shown interest in your product. I have explained it to you above with an example.
Lead generation does not demand much investment, you can get a good conversion rate with a small investment.
Customers who are already interested in your product can convert into loyal customers if they are approached with the right strategy.
The Best Way to Promote your Brand
In today’s time, where advertising and marketing have become a very expensive field, the best thing about lead generation is that it is still the cheapest promotional medium, as I have told you earlier. Phone calls, emails, messages, direct conversations are the avenues of lead generation.
If we talk about the return of investment, then lead generation comes first which gives us very high returns. And if we talk about any other digital marketing platform, then it is a bit difficult to amortize them for small businesses. Lead generation is very important for startups and small team businesses.
Every penny spent in marketing requires a return, whether the business is small or big.
Sales & Profit
With the help of Lead Generation, you can increase the sales and profit of your product/service. A report states that in more than 55% of B2B businesses marketers spend more than half of their total budget on lead generation. The objective is clear, to convert as many people as possible into potential customers.
How does a Business Need Lead Generation?
In Inbound marketing, leads can help you make the transition from stranger to customer easier when they show organic interest in your product or services.
You can increase brand awareness, build relationships and generate qualified leads to help you close deals. Higher quality leads will lead to more sales. This will help your company grow and increase your credibility as a marketing professional. It will also show tangible results that you can be an asset to the revenue team.
Lead Generation Marketing
Once your online lead capturing tools are in place, you can start driving targeted traffic to your landing pages and start generating leads.
What are your options when it comes to promotional channels that can be used to promote your landing pages? Let’s discuss the front-end in this “lead generation” marketing.
You have many other channels that you can use to convert visitors into leads. Let’s talk about some others and go in-depth with these.
The best way to direct visitors to landing pages or other lead-capturing resources is to use the content. You create content to give visitors useful information. You can include CTAs inline, at the bottom of the post, in the hero, or on the side panel. Visitors will click on your call-to-action if they are more satisfied with the information in your content.
Email is a great way to reach people who already know about your brand, product, or service. It’s easier to ask people to take action if they have already subscribed to your email list. Emails can be messy so make sure to use CTAs with compelling copy and a catchy design to grab their attention.
Retargeting and Ads
An ad’s sole purpose is to get people to take the desired action and guide them to capture resources. If this is not the case, then why spend money? You want people to convert if your landing page and offer are consistent with the promise in the ad. Also, be sure to clearly state the desired action.
Blog posts are a great way to promote an offer because you can customize the piece to your end goal. If your offer is a guideline video about setting up Google Tag Manager, you could write a blog post on how to track actions with webpages related to your goal conversion metrics… making your CTA extremely relevant and easy to click.
Social media platforms make it easy for your followers to take action. From the swipe up option in Instagram stories to the Facebook bio links to URLs via Twitter, to the swipe up option in Instagram stories. Promote your products on interactive social media posts by including a call to action in the caption.
Offering free trials of your product can help you break down barriers and make it easier to sell. Customers trust service or product trials. You can offer additional features and resources to entice prospects to purchase your product once they have tried it. You can also include your branding in the free version to help you capture more customers.
Referrals and word-of-mouth marketing are useful in lead generation in a fundamentally different way. This exposes your brand to more people which increases your chances of generating leads.
Whatever channel you use for leads, you must direct them to your landing page. The rest will fall into place as long as your landing page converts.
How to do Lead Generation?
Now that you have known lead generation meaning. let us now know how to do it:
- Decide your target audience The most important thing is that you decide who your target audience is. If you don’t know this, how will you be able to generate leads? There are many ways to find the target audience, let’s talk about some:
- Email Marketing
- Blog Post
- Social media marketing
- Referral marketing
- Ads & retargeting
- You can easily build a target audience base with their help. For example, if you have written about Search Engine Optimization in your blog and at the same time, you are giving an ebook related to SEO for free. In return, if you are taking email or other contact information from downloaders, then you can easily generate leads. If someone downloads an ebook or other content related to SEO from your blog in exchange for his contact information, it means that he will also be interested in other services related to SEO. In this way, you can then easily offer him to buy any of your paid products/services with the help of Email Marketing. Similarly, you can also do it through social media and other channels.
- Create a goal for your campaign How do you know if you were successful in something? Yes, by setting a goal. Therefore, it is most important that you do campaigns from time to time and set a goal for it. It can range from selling services to 100 people in a week to getting 1000 clicks a day. Your marketing goal can be anything, but the goal must be there. However, you cannot shoot arrows in the dark. This means that if you set any goal as per your wish, then there are very few chances of achieving it. So before setting a target, analyze your past benchmarks and performances. Then, try to do better than your previous performance.
- Run offers thoughtfully. Do you think that all kinds of offers will only benefit your business? If yes then you are wrong! You should place only those offers in your marketing strategy so that strangers can be converted into customers. If you think that with the help of some books and giveaways you can do lead generation, then your strategy is wrong. Now things are not the same as before, now if you do not give valuable and helpful content to people, then they will not become your customers. Now the customer has also become aware.
- Create Landing Pages If you want strangers to become your customers, then you must also create landing pages. Landing pages are pages that convert your visitors into leads. Therefore, this page should be completely different from other pages of your blog/website. Its design, navigation, features should be excellent, only then people will become your customers. For this, you can add attractive headlines, media files, easy-to-read content, CTR (click-through rate), etc. Remember to keep it the best and impressive. Also, if you apply offers, discounts, time count, etc. related to selling your service/product, then lead generation will be easy.
How Your Blog Generate Leads?
With links to your products, write interesting articles for beginners. Optimize them and promote them. Add cases about how your company solves other people’s problems.
First, imagine yourself as the customer. Think about the ideal buyer’s journey. This will help you create a funnel that allows leads to easily move to the point where they are ready to buy.
- Make use of behavioral data. Based on the behavior of your target audience, create different buyer personas. This data will give you insight into how to move certain groups of leads up the sales funnel.
- Taking care of your leads’ email marketing allows you to communicate valuable information to a large number of people at once. Offer your prospects useful and relevant information. Show your expertise in your field. Your expertise. Lead nurturing Strategy Automation 360 allows you to send drip campaigns to effectively educate prospects
- Convert leads into customers easily make an offer based on their place in the funnel. You should take every opportunity to close the deal. Take, for example, the time during which Holidays People are more likely to spend more than usual. To complete the buyer journey, it’s time to create a special offer.